Monday, February 6, 2012

Altered Christmas suit







Since I have moved to the Phoenix, Arizona area I have had to rethink my wardrobe, especially my winter wardrobe. I found this red suit at Goodwill at a 50% off sale. It probably cost about $5. The skirt was floor length and I cut about 7" off the bottom. I also shortened the jacket about 4". The Christmas appliques are done with Ultrasuede that was mostly harvested from thrift store skirts, jackets and suits. When I told my youngest daughter that I was working on a Christmas outfit, she asked me why I was doing it now. My answer is that in the fall, when you would normally be working on Christmas stuff, I am too busy to work on something to wear. At least that has been what has happened the last two years. So this year I am way early and will be ready for next Christmas. Next on my agenda is a Christmas demin jacket.

No comments:

Post a Comment