Thursday, February 28, 2013
I drew out my designs on paper and transferred the design to the apron by ziz-zaging in small black stitching through the paper onto the apron. I then painted the design with fabric paint. After I finished the painting I did another heavier ziz-zag over the first to act as a bold outline. I really love both aprons, but I must admit to a fondness for the lady. I love her. I have been searching for a face and body that would be a signature for me and I think this character is definitely going in the right direction, and the flowers are definitely more free than I have ever been able to accomplish before. I also will say that these aprons are separated from the chairs about two months and there is a marked difference in the faces that I drew. I finished by heat setting.