The second side. I did paint the black and white checks on the top side of the chest and on the very top of the chest. This piece is finished with several coats of water based varnish.
|Sometimes I just can't figure how out this blog picture thing works. Anyway I wanted to say at the top of this picture that the dresser I decided to funk up was an old, dark, small chest of drawers from my husband's family. What I did first was use sandpaper and scruff up the piece. Then I used TSP and wiped it down to clean and get the dust off. I did two coat of Kiln 2 to prime the piece. I purchased several small sample cans of house paint from Home Depot for $3 apiece and decided what color I wanted to paint the chest. I decided on a light lavender. I believe I put two coats of the lavender paint on. I had decided that rather than paint a design on the furniture I would use fabric and decoupage the piece on the two sides and the top. Painting designs are not my strong suit. I cut my fabric and used painters tape to secure the design so I could see how I liked the placement. After okaying the design, I used Liquitex Matte Medium to adhere the fabric pieces down. or rather decoupage the pieces down. The wonderful Pamela Allan from the quiltart list gave me lots of info on decoupaging, which was immensely helpful.|